Changing a line color when it crosses another benchmark line?

  1. #1
    JB12
    Guest

    Changing a line color when it crosses another benchmark line?

    I have a chart where the average of the coporation as a whole is used as a
    benchmark and then from a drop down list you can select an entity you want to
    compare to the benchmark. I am hoping to have the line of the entity change
    colors (i.e. from solid black to solid red) if it exceeds the benchmark line.
    Is this possible?

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Changing a line color when it crosses another benchmark line?

    Andy Pope has an example like this on his web site:

    http://andypope.info/charts/conditionalline.htm

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JB12
    Guest

    Re: Changing a line color when it crosses another benchmark line?

    Jon,

    You always seem to have the right answer. I looked at Andy Pope's
    information and I'm not sure that example with work the way I need it to. I
    am going to be updating data month and with this update the line could fall
    below, stay above, or rise above the average line. Would his scatter plot
    example work in that case or would I need to adjust my thinking? If his
    example does work - do you have any idea how I would rework my line chart and
    information to display the info appropriately. Currently my data is pulled
    via an if/then formula. Thanks for all the helpful info

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Changing a line color when it crosses another benchmark line?

    Try Andy's example, then post back with any issues that remain unanswered.

    - Jon
    -------