Two-Axes, Stacked and Line Chart

  1. #1
    Michael
    Guest

    Two-Axes, Stacked and Line Chart

    Hi Folks - I'm back with another challenge ... I have data in the following
    format:

    Unit Category Count Sum
    Admin ABC 10 400
    Admin DEF 15 500
    IT ABC 10 450
    IT GHI 12 600

    I'd like to create a two-axes stacked/line combo chart. The stacked columns
    in this case would be Admin and IT with the Categories in the 'stack'. The
    second axis would be a line graph that charts the total sum of each unit, in
    this case, Admin would be plotted at 900 and IT would be plotted at 1050.
    Do-able?

    Thanks,

    Michael

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Two-Axes, Stacked and Line Chart

    Create the entire chart as a stacked column chart, then select the series
    you want as a line, and use Chart Type on the Chart menu to change the type
    of this series. Change the axis by double clicking the series, and choosing
    the axis in the Axis tab.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP