Dates and Recomended Graphing Programs to work with excel?

  1. #1
    John
    Guest

    Dates and Recomended Graphing Programs to work with excel?

    Is there a way to have excel not graph a space in between dates that are not
    right in a row... for example. if I have 12-1, 12-2, 12-3, and then jump to
    12-6.... how can I avoid that space in my graph.

    also... I find excel graph's to be difficult to work with... are there any
    recomended charting programs that work with excel that have more
    functionality and just work better?

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Dates and Recomended Graphing Programs to work with excel?

    Hi,

    You can change the axis to be categorical rather than time series.
    Right click chart and choose Chart Options. On the scale tab set the x
    axis scale to Category.

    Excel charts can appear difficult but they can be and are very
    versatile. Have a look at these sites for charting tips, tricks and work
    arounds.

    http://peltiertech.com/index.html
    http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm
    http://www.tushar-mehta.com/
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
    http://www.edferrero.com
    http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/ExcelMain.htm
    http://www.prodomosua.it/ppage02.html

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    John
    Guest

    Re: Dates and Recomended Graphing Programs to work with excel?

    Thanks Andy!