How do I set up secondary axis on bar graph. What do I highlight?

  1. #1
    inquiringmind73
    Guest

    How do I set up secondary axis on bar graph. What do I highlight?

    I am having trouble adding a secondary axis to a bar graph. Can you help?
    What do I highlight? please walk me through this .thanks

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up secondary axis on bar graph. What do I highlight?

    Hi,

    This explains how to display the secondary axes.
    http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up secondary axis on bar graph. What do I highlight?

    Andy -

    You should note at the top of your page (tip008.htm) that you need a second
    series before you can have a secondary axis. This is a common
    misunderstanding.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up secondary axis on bar graph. What do I highlight?

    Hi Jon,

    Not sure I understand. The example is a two series chart and the
    instructions say use the second series.

    Cheers
    Andy

  5. #5
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up secondary axis on bar graph. What do I highlight?

    Sure, the example has two series, but it doesn't explicitly mention that two
    series is the minimum requirement for two axes. Also, the original post
    reminded me of so many that ask for a second axis without realizing a second
    series is needed.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    news:%239N$6%[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up secondary axis on bar graph. What do I highlight?

    Fair comment. I think I will add a tip on creating a secondary Y axis
    and make reference to that in the secondary X axis tip.

    Cheers
    Andy