Scatter Chart Question

  1. #1
    s boak
    Guest

    Scatter Chart Question

    Hi Folks:

    I've made a scatter chart that looks the way I need it to.
    When I "hover" the mouse over the data points, I get the point values as I
    expect in the yellow box.

    My question:
    Instead of the data point values, is it possible to get a picture in the
    pop-up ??

    Many thanks
    Steve

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Scatter Chart Question

    You don't have a lot of control over the content of these chart tips, beside
    turning them on and off.

    If you want to customize the labels, you can download the Chart Hover Label
    add-in from Tushar Mehta's web site (http://tushar-mehta.com).

    To show a picture you will have to recreate Tushar's approach with pictures
    rather than text boxes (or rectangles, whatever his program uses). This
    means you will have to learn a little about chart events. You might find my
    Chart Events article helpful:

    http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221

    You use the event code to detect when a point has been moused over. The code
    determines which series and point this was, and displays the appropriate
    image.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP