Urgent Help Needed: X axis to scale

  1. #1
    ffuh
    Guest

    Urgent Help Needed: X axis to scale

    I am plotting a line graph of the level of animal dose response (y-axis) over
    time of sampling (x-axis) that is as listed on my spreadsheet. Unfortunately
    the time of sampling is not at an equal interval value (-14, -7, 0, 0.25, 4,
    10, 28 etc.). Currently all the time points are defaulting to spread by same
    scaled interval on the graph regardless of the x value. In another word, I
    want the spread of points on my graph between -14 to -7 to be much greater
    than the interval between 0 and 0.25. Does anyone know how I can make the
    x-axis to be plotted to scale? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Urgent Help Needed: X axis to scale

    Hi,

    You need to use the xy-scatter chart rather than the line chart.
    Line chart has a categorical x axis while xy-scatter in a true value axis.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel