change the format of a series in a chart

  1. #1
    CliffD
    Guest

    change the format of a series in a chart

    I am using a standard combination chart (column/line) to present some data
    that is based on 6 individual series from an Excel spreadsheet. The Chart
    Wizard has arranged the data so that three series are presented as lines and
    the remaining three are presented as columns.

    My dilemma is that one of those series presented as columns I want to be
    presented as a line. In total, I want two series as columns and four as
    lines.

    Can this be done? What do I need to do in order to change the data from a
    column to a line?

    Thanks in anticipation.

    Regards,

    Cliff

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: change the format of a series in a chart

    Hi,

    Right click the column that you want to change and use the Chart Type
    option to select the required line chart style.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel