[SOLVED] variable height variable width stacked bar charts

  1. #1
    ambthiru
    Guest

    [SOLVED] variable height variable width stacked bar charts

    Hi

    I need to create a chart which would resemble a
    variable width variable height stacked bar chart with
    values on both sides of the Y axis (This I achieved by
    giving values needed on the left a negative sign). I
    tried to get the above chart using all these basic
    charts in excel - stacked bar charts, stacked column
    charts,stacked area charts, stacked scatter plots but
    could not get the final chart. Though I was able to
    get a variable height stacked bar chart(with pos n neg
    values), I am not able to get the final desired chart.
    Please let me know how I can get the above mentioned
    chart.

    Thanks
    Ambika Thiruvengadam

    --
    ambthiru
    ambthiru's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m746

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: variable height variable width stacked bar charts

    Hi,

    Can you not make use of the second example on this page.
    http://www.andypope.info/charts/colwidth2.htm

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    ambthiru
    Guest

    Re: variable height variable width stacked bar charts

    I did try with the example you had pointed out but couldnt get the final
    chart ....

    Ambika

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: variable height variable width stacked bar charts

    I used a stacked area chart technique to simulate a stacked bar (no, not
    column!) in this example:

    Perhaps you can follow this example to get what you need.

    - Jon

    -------

    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP

    Peltier Technical Services