Add export graph function to Excel (e.g. jpg, eps, wmf)

  1. #1
    sgl8akm
    Guest

    Add export graph function to Excel (e.g. jpg, eps, wmf)

    There needs to be an export function in Excel that allows graphs (charts) to
    be exported to other media as image (bmp, jpg, tiff, gif) or vector files
    (dxf, eps, pict, wmf). The quality of the current copy/paste files is poor,
    and the copies image is still linked, ,therefore manipulation in other
    programs is difficult.

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...excel.charting

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Add export graph function to Excel (e.g. jpg, eps, wmf)

    Hi,

    Select the chart and then whilst holding the shift key use the menu Edit
    > Copy Picture.

    Or via vba code the chart has an export method.
    e.g.
    Worksheets("Sheet1").ChartObjects(1).Chart.Export _
    FileName:="current_sales.gif", FilterName:="GIF"

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Add export graph function to Excel (e.g. jpg, eps, wmf)

    Or use Andy's Graphics Exporter add-in:

    http://www.andypope.info/vba/gex.htm

    Andy Pope wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Select the chart and then whilst holding the shift key use the menu Edit
    > > Copy Picture.

    > Or via vba code the chart has an export method.
    > e.g.
    > Worksheets("Sheet1").ChartObjects(1).Chart.Export _
    > FileName:="current_sales.gif", FilterName:="GIF"
    >
    > Cheers
    > Andy
    >
    > sgl8akm wrote:
    >
    >> There needs to be an export function in Excel that allows graphs
    >> (charts) to be exported to other media as image (bmp, jpg, tiff, gif)
    >> or vector files (dxf, eps, pict, wmf). The quality of the current
    >> copy/paste files is poor, and the copies image is still linked,
    >> ,therefore manipulation in other programs is difficult.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html