Problems with Stacked Bar charts

  1. #1
    Dredd
    Guest

    Problems with Stacked Bar charts

    Seeing a weird thing. When I create a stacked bar or column chart, I get bars
    that are one pixel wide so it looks like a vertical line.
    Closed the sheet, re-opened, new sheet, new data, nothing works.
    If I embed a worksheet in Powerpoint, and in that sheet, create a new
    worksheet with the data, it works fine... Baffles me !!
    Also, excel seems incapable of creating a graph with dates on the X axis, li
    lists them as ascending numbers, 1.2.3 etc.
    Again, works fine in an embedded spreadsheet in Powerpoint. As they use the
    same graph engine, I'm stumped.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Problems with Stacked Bar charts

    Hi,

    Excel is assuming you want your bars displayed according to the dates.
    To get back to a category axis select chart and right click. From the
    popup menu select Chart Options. On the Axes tab set the x axis to
    Category rather than Automatic or Time series.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel