Intersection of two lines

  1. #1
    akr
    Guest

    Intersection of two lines

    Hey. I used the scatterplot to make a chart of 4 trendlines. And now I need
    to get the exact intersection of each pair. The only ways I can do it is (1)
    go through the data itself and find the exact intersection point - which is
    very slow.. or (2) bring my mouse arrow as closet to the intersection point
    on the graph and get an estimate.

    Is there a way to get the exact intersection point? Perhaps by selecting the
    two lines I want the intersection of .. etc?
    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Intersection of two lines

    Hi,

    I have some information on plotting the intersecting points of lines.
    http://www.andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm

    If the lines are true chart trend lines then you will need to have a
    look that these sites for information on getting trend line points.
    Bernard V Liengme's www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
    Tushar Mehta's Trendline coefficients
    http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ti...efficients.htm

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Intersection of two lines

    By solving equations. This will be simple if the lines are linear - tell us
    more
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme