How do i show duplicate data points on a scatter plot?

  1. #1
    Mr.Man
    Guest

    How do i show duplicate data points on a scatter plot?

    I need to show that duplicate points exist on a scatter plott used for
    coorelation. Normaly a dot with a circle around it. Can I do this in excell?

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: How do i show duplicate data points on a scatter plot?

    Hi,

    You can add a second series to ring the duplicate points.

    Assuming your x and y data is in A1:B20 place this formula in C1 and
    copy down.

    =IF(SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$20=A1)*($B$1:$B$20=B1))>1,B1,NA())

    Create your xy scatter chart based on A1:C20.
    Format the first series as dots by changing the marker to a circle.
    Format the second series as dots as well but set the background colour
    to None and increase the size of the marker.
    For information on markers see here.
    http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip009.htm

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Mr.Man
    Guest

    Re: How do i show duplicate data points on a scatter plot?

    Awsome!! Thanks!!