Different Starting Points on X-Axis

  1. #1
    Xavier
    Guest

    Different Starting Points on X-Axis

    Hi there,

    I'm trying to plot an exponential smoothing line chart with x-values from 1
    to 20. There are two series, the original data points and the smoothed data
    points. The problem with this is that the starting point is different. For
    the original data points (series1), the first value starts at 1 and goes to
    20. For the smoothed data points (series2), the first value starts at 2 and
    goes to 20. When I try to chart the line graph in Excel 2003 by selecting
    the y-values for series2 starting at x=2, the chart actually begins at x=1.
    I was just wondering if anyone knows how to change the starting point for a
    series in a line graph (if possible). Thank you!

    Xavier

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Different Starting Points on X-Axis

    Are you making a LINE or XY chart? Should be the latter.
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mach278
    Guest

    Re: Different Starting Points on X-Axis

    I've done both, and even when I set the correct x-value range, series 2
    always starts at x=1 and goes to x=19.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Xavier
    Guest

    Re: Different Starting Points on X-Axis

    Nevermind, I got it working now. Thanks for suggesting XY scatter. I played
    around with it a little more and was finally able to alter the starting
    point. Thank you!

    Xavier

  5. #5
    Bernard Liengme