extrapolating data from chart

  1. #1

    extrapolating data from chart

    Good evening all,

    Here is a weird question: I have created a chart from given source
    points but I need to extract some of the data from this chart to make
    an approximation on other data. Is there any way to write a VBA script
    or simply select a command that allows you to extrapolate chart data
    and place the desired extrapolated data into destination cells?

    Thanks for the help
    Tim

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: extrapolating data from chart

    This article from Microsoft's Knowledge Base has a macro to extract all the
    data from a chart. You could use it, then remove the data you don't care
    about:

    Macro to Extract Data from a Chart

    Though if you already have the data, this might be redundant.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tim Ricard

    Jon Peltier wrote:
    > This article from Microsoft's Knowledge Base has a macro to extract all the
    > data from a chart. You could use it, then remove the data you don't care
    > about:
    >
    > Macro to Extract Data from a Chart
    >
    > Though if you already have the data, this might be redundant.
    >
    > - Jon
    > -------

    Thank you very much for the help.

    Tim

  4. #4
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: extrapolating data from chart

    I am not sure how that article helps you since it doesn't address the issue
    of extrapolating data.

    You may want to look at
    http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ing/msg/d7f416
    bb00302586?dmode=source&hl=en