Dropping data labels

  1. #1
    Caro-Kann Defence
    Guest

    Dropping data labels

    Okay. This is really starting to bug me.

    Can anyone help me understand why I can see data lables when I look at the
    spreadsheet but not when I look at the spreadsheet in print preview mode?
    When I print the sheet out, I seem to lose the data label as well.

    Thanks!
    -CKD

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Dropping data labels

    Could you describe the labels which have gone missing?

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    "Caro-Kann Defence" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Caro-Kann Defence
    Guest

    Re: Dropping data labels

    Hi Jon.

    Sorry for the delayed response. I am trying to set up customized labels by
    setting the value of the label to the value in a cell. It seems to be okay so
    long as the value is greater than zero. However, less than zero values show
    up when I look at the chart in Excel but don't seem to appear when I look at
    them in print preview.

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Dropping data labels

    Hmmm, there's nothing intrinsically different about a label that displays a
    negative number than one that displays a positive number. Are these
    datalabels, by the way, or textboxes?

    If you have a label that appears in the chart, and change the value in the
    linked cell, does the label disappear?

    - Jon
    -------