Creating Bell Curve Chart

  1. #1
    MikeR-Oz
    Guest

    Creating Bell Curve Chart

    Range of data and I want to create a bell curve of this - HOW?
    Mike

    84.9
    128.5

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Creating Bell Curve Chart

    You probably want a combination chart, with a column series showing a
    histogram of your values and a line series showing a normal distribution
    density curve based on the mean and standard deviation of the data.

    Tushar Mehta has instructions for a normal probability curve (bell curve) on
    his website, http://tushar-mehta.com

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    MikeR-Oz
    Guest

    Re: Creating Bell Curve Chart

    Thaks Jon, But I had seen this link before but is still all 'double-dutch' to
    me. I have the following list of numbers for example:26
    84.9
    Where in the link do I start with to use these numbers to create a bell
    curve etc. I know how to get the mean, stdev, for this. I can create a column
    graph as well I think. But where to for the next step in putting it all
    together in a bell curve etc.
    Mike

  4. #4
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Creating Bell Curve Chart

    Have you looked at
    Understanding the Standard Normal distribution and how it connects all other
    Normal distribution functions
    http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ch..._distribution/
    #understanding_std_norm ?

    Also, to test whether the data represent a normal distribution, you might
    want to look at
    http://www.usfca.edu/~middleton/demand.pdf

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com