hiding zero values in stacked bar charts

  1. #1
    WSU Cougar
    Guest

    hiding zero values in stacked bar charts

    On a stacked bar chart with values displayed (data label is set to value), I
    do not want to display the value if its zero (no slice of data). Is there a
    way to do this?

    When I have approached different Excel users with this problem, they said
    they go back to the spreadsheet and delete the zero's so they do not show up
    on the chart.
    I have a lot of entries and frequently use the spreadsheet so I want to
    avoid having to manually delete the zeros for display purposes.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: hiding zero values in stacked bar charts

    Hi,

    To get rid of zero data labels try using a custom number format
    General;General;;

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    WSU Cougar
    Guest

    Re: hiding zero values in stacked bar charts

    I tried this but it hides the zeros in the spreadsheet. What I really would
    like is to have the zeros displayed in the spreadsheet but not in the stacked
    bar chart.

    Any ideas?

    Thank you.

  4. #4
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: hiding zero values in stacked bar charts

    Apply the number format to the actual data labels not the cell.