Excel data tip values for multi vertical scales?

  1. #1
    Pete
    Guest

    Excel data tip values for multi vertical scales?

    Hi - I have produced a single Excel chart having 5 time series, each
    showing a different aspect of the organization's growth with time.
    Each series has a different scale (even different units) and I want to
    avoid the clutter of 5 shown vertical scales. One series is plotted
    natively and each of the others is re-scaled. I do show the yearly
    values of each series in an adjacent table. Is there a way to have the
    tool tip for each data point give that point's true value, not the
    re-scaled value that is used in plotting it, when the mouse is over
    that point on the chart? Example: dollar sales, number of employees,
    number of computers, square footage, power consumption. Help would be
    appreciated!

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Excel data tip values for multi vertical scales?

    You can fake it. Tushar Mehta has an add-in on his web site which will
    handle all the messy details for you. Look for the Chart Hover Label utility
    on http://tushar-mehta.com

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP