Excel should STOP the "zero or negative ..in log plot" error msg

  1. #1
    HQDEARTHY
    Guest

    Excel should STOP the "zero or negative ..in log plot" error msg

    Is there anyway to make the "zero and negative numbers cannot be plotted in
    log plots..." error message? It is really annoying as it goes off every 5
    seconds when a plot has numbers like that. When dealing with big databases
    it is not a big deal to have zeros in it and still want it plotted as a log
    plot.

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...excel.charting

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Excel should STOP the "zero or negative ..in log plot" error msg

    Even Microsoft cannot override the laws of mathematics - what would you have
    Excel use for LOG(zero)?
    If you replace 0 by =NA() , which displays as #N/A, you will achieve the
    desired effect - the point is ignored in the chart
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme