how to prevent Excel from reformatting a chart wen updating data?

  1. #1
    Cmd_Marco
    Guest

    how to prevent Excel from reformatting a chart wen updating data?

    I have data over time for different categories. when i change de reporting
    time frame i want the chart colors to stay the same. Or when i change the
    scope in categories i still want the categorie chart to keep its color.
    How to stop excel from reformatting the colors?

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: how to prevent Excel from reformatting a chart wen updating data?

    Hi,

    I am assuming you are referring to Pivot charts in which case this is a
    know problem. If it's not a pivot chart then post back.

    Changing a PivotChart removes series formatting in Excel
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q215904

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Cmd_Marco
    Guest

    Re: how to prevent Excel from reformatting a chart wen updating da

    Thx,
    But i was referring to normal charts.
    I know it's not possible in Pivots.

    Marco

  4. #4
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: how to prevent Excel from reformatting a chart wen updating da

    How are you changing the chart data then?

    I haven't experienced the chart changing or losing it's formatting just
    be adjusting the size on data it references.

    Cheers
    Andy