Dynamic Chart Crashing Excel - help plz!

  1. #1
    John
    Guest

    Dynamic Chart Crashing Excel - help plz!

    I have 5-6 charts in my spreadsheet. I have made several dynamic... meaning
    the update automaticly if I add new data to my sheet. The process has worked
    fine on several of them. However, on one worsheet in my file, I cannot for
    the life of me figure out why excel crashes when I name a range in my
    spreadsheet or if I try to put in a named range in the source data of my
    chart.

    Here is what crashes my file.

    CCB is the chart categories which is the formula
    =OFFSET(Bills!$B$35,CLX,0,-CLX)
    CLX is the count of the number of items to display =COUNT($D$36:$D$63)

    the only problem I see is that when I go into look at how the named ranges
    are defined I find this under CCB =OFFSET(Bills!$B$35,'CLx',0,-'CLx') ... if
    I change that to the above formula it crashes... Keep in mind this exact
    idea works on another identical sheet.

    HELP!

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Dynamic Chart Crashing Excel - help plz!

    I have no problem with the setup, confirming that it works in other sheets.
    I'd suggest that you stop beating your head against the wall, and rebuild
    the difficult sheet. Sometimes sheets and workbooks can get corrupt.

    BTW, this formula
    =OFFSET(Bills!$B$35,CLX,0,-CLX)

    is equivalent to
    =OFFSET(Bills!$B$35,1,0,CLX)

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    John
    Guest

    Re: Dynamic Chart Crashing Excel - help plz!

    I agree, corrupted. Thanks