economic chart

  1. #1
    jetlag
    Guest

    economic chart

    How do I make a chart combining company informmation with economic data,
    specifically USA recessions. The line representing monthly sales (or
    economic activity) and one or morel lightly shaded vertical bars, each
    spanning several months and stretching from the bottom to the top of the
    chart, representing one or more recessions.

    THANKS!

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...excel.charting

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: economic chart

    This is a very broad question. Why not try that magic thing call a book?
    Then when you get specific we can help.
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    jetlag
    Guest

    Re: economic chart

    Specifically, I have monthly data for the NAPM-Chicago Business Barometer(tm)
    from 1970 through 2005 (values 0-100). I would like to add to the line plot
    the following vertical bars representing recessions:
    Nov 73 - Mar 75
    Jan 80 - Jul 80
    Jul 81 - Nov 82
    Jul 90 - Mar 91