2nd Axes - primary series data of only 1 series disappears!

  1. #1
    cheriw
    Guest

    2nd Axes - primary series data of only 1 series disappears!

    I have a chart with 4 (2 lines & 2 bars) series of data, 3 (2 lines & 1
    bar)referencing the primary axis and the other bar is supposed to reference
    the secondary axis. When I format this series, the primary bar series
    overlaps the 2nd bar series - they should be 2 separate bar graphs. How do I
    fix this?

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: 2nd Axes - primary series data of only 1 series disappears!

    You need to use some hidden column series to keep the visible columns from
    overlapping:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...OnTwoAxes.html

    Do the columns first, then add the line chart data, and convert them to line
    series (Excel will add them as columns). To change them, and make your own
    custom combination chart, select a series, and on the Chart menu, use Chart
    Type to select an appropriate line chart style.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services