Combining 2 different types of bar graph

  1. #1
    Dave
    Guest

    Combining 2 different types of bar graph

    Hi
    I have 3 series of sales data I need to plot - actual, max budget & min
    budget - for 12 months.
    With the months being the x axis, I need the graph to be a standard bar
    chart, with the colums side by side for each month (clustered column).
    However, for the 2 bdget columns I need them to be of the "stacked" column
    type - so that when the graph is presented we can see exactly how the actual
    column each month compares to both budget figures.
    I've tried changing the chart type for each of the series, but it seems to
    change all 3 series each time. I could easily combine a line graph with the
    stacked columns, but for some reason I can't combine stacked columns and
    clustered columns.
    I hope I've explained this well!!
    Thanks in advance
    Dave

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Combining 2 different types of bar graph

    Try one of the links on this page:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

    - Jon
    -------