how to creat a chart with t diffrrent scales

  1. #1
    ramki
    Guest

    how to creat a chart with t diffrrent scales

    hi can any one help me in creating a chart with 2 diff. y axis scales
    like 0 to 1000 and 0 to 0.001 but x axis being the same or vice versa
    please

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: how to creat a chart with t diffrrent scales

    Hi,

    You will need 3 columns of data.
    Column A contains x axis labels
    Column B contains data with values in the range 0 to 1000
    Column C contains data with values in the range 0 to 0.0001

    Select all the data and use the chart wizard to create a line chart.
    Select the 2nd series, one with the values 0 to 0.0001, press CTRL+1 to
    bring up the format dialog. On the Axis tab choose Secondary axis.

    If you want a chart type of column then you will need to stagger your
    data in order to avoid overlapping columns.
    See Jon Peltier's page of links for more information on cluster &
    stacked column charts.
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    ramki
    Guest

    Re: how to creat a chart with t diffrrent scales

    yeah that worked thank youvery much Andy

    bye

  4. #4
    ramki
    Guest

    Re: how to creat a chart with t diffrrent scales

    what if i have to creat an Xy scatter chart and still have 2 differrent y
    axis or 2 differrent x axis can you tell me? please

  5. #5
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: how to creat a chart with t diffrrent scales

    Hi,

    See this page for details on how to display the secondary x axis.
    http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm

    Cheers
    Andy