Finding the value for the point two lines cross

  1. #1
    Brian
    Guest

    Finding the value for the point two lines cross

    I have a graph of two lines that cross each other at some point. I am trying
    to find the value at the point the lines cross.

    Is there something in Excel that will help with that? On my spreadsheet i
    have used the INTERCEPT formula and have two numbers of where each range of Y
    axis values cross the X axis. There is one X axis range and twol Y axs
    ranges. That tells me where each Y crosses the X. How do I find where the two
    Y's cross.

  2. #2
    James Silverton
    Guest

    Re: Finding the value for the point two lines cross

    Brian wrote on Thu, 2 Mar 2006 15:46:27 -0800:

    B> I have a graph of two lines that cross each other at some
    B> point. I am trying to find the value at the point the lines
    B> cross.

    B> Is there something in Excel that will help with that? On my
    B> spreadsheet i have used the INTERCEPT formula and have two
    B> numbers of where each range of Y axis values cross the X
    B> axis. There is one X axis range and twol Y axs ranges. That
    B> tells me where each Y crosses the X. How do I find where the
    B> two Y's cross.

    Dare I suggest, given the equations of the lines, algebra?

    James Silverton.