Text box in chart disappears but reappears when in spreadsheet

  1. #1
    Eggcel
    Guest

    Text box in chart disappears but reappears when in spreadsheet

    Has anyone any idea how to prevent a text box that's in a graph from
    disappearing when the graph is selected, but reappearing when cursor is back
    in the spreadsheet? This never used to happen before, but only recently has
    begun occuring with our graphs. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Text box in chart disappears but reappears when in spreadsheet

    Hi,

    That behavior would suggest the textbox is not embedded in the chart but
    just placed over it. Can you move the textbox away from the chart?
    If yes then delete the textbox and then select the chart and paste.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Text box in chart disappears but reappears when in spreadsheet

    The text box and the chart need to be grouped. If you had selected (clicked)
    the cart before making the box this would have been automatic. Can be fixed:
    1) Right click chart: Send to back
    2) Hold CTRL and click box so that both are selected
    3) Right click and use Group
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme