Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

quickly select data to produce charts

  1. #1
    kim
    Guest

    quickly select data to produce charts

    Hi

    We need to produce charts comparing different variables. The data layout is
    simple:
    Item 1 Item2 Item 3 - & so on
    2.3 1.2 3.5
    1.1 2.3 4.2
    There is up to 12 columns and 20 rows.
    All need to be compared against each other.
    Is there a way to choose two variables and then have these updat einto a
    chart?
    i.e 1 compared with 2, 1 compared with 3 then 4 and so on
    I found examples with drop down boxes for one varaible but not two
    Help appreciated

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: quickly select data to produce charts

    Can't you extend the example to the second variable?

    Andy Pope shows another approach on his web site: a matrix of smaller
    charts, plotting each variable against each other:

    http://andypope.info/charts/miniplot_xy.htm

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
    _______

    "kim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi
    >
    > We need to produce charts comparing different variables. The data layout
    > is
    > simple:
    > Item 1 Item2 Item 3 - & so on
    > 2.3 1.2 3.5
    > 1.1 2.3 4.2
    > There is up to 12 columns and 20 rows.
    > All need to be compared against each other.
    > Is there a way to choose two variables and then have these updat einto a
    > chart?
    > i.e 1 compared with 2, 1 compared with 3 then 4 and so on
    > I found examples with drop down boxes for one varaible but not two
    > Help appreciated

Closed Thread