Need 2 rows to display X axis data points for a line graph

  1. #1
    SusanG
    Guest

    Need 2 rows to display X axis data points for a line graph

    X axis is 100 data points, and all must be displayed. They do display, but
    are all mushed up. In Corel, you have the option to display the X axis on up
    to 3 rows, with interspersed tick marks. In Excel, I seem to be able only to
    manipulate the number of categories between tick marks and tick mark labels,
    but can't stagger data onto multiple rows. Any ideas or add-ins I could try?
    Excel 2002. Thanks, Susan

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Need 2 rows to display X axis data points for a line graph

    This web page gives a suggestion for staggering your labels:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Staggered.html

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
    _______

    news:[email protected]...