Excel Charts with attached comments option

  1. #1
    Neils
    Guest

    Excel Charts with attached comments option

    It would be good if you could add a comment to a cell and have an option when
    charting that cell to either show the comment or not. The comment should then
    be linked to that specific data point.

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...excel.charting

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Excel Charts with attached comments option

    You can do this already, not using Excel's built in functionality directly,
    but making use of its flexibility. And actually, the programming is already
    done. Try one of these two fine (and free) Excel addins:

    Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
    John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    tom zane
    Guest

    RE: Excel Charts with attached comments option

    I have tried the XY chart labeler and the comment does not stay locked to the
    particular data point if the source data changes. Is there someway to lock it?

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Excel Charts with attached comments option

    Tom -

    The label will stay locked to the point, but only if you use one of the
    default positions (Left, Above, etc.), and then don't adjust the position.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
    _______

    news:[email protected]...