How do I floodfill excel scatter charts only below the trendline?

  1. #1
    RWB7s
    Guest

    How do I floodfill excel scatter charts only below the trendline?

    Any idea how I can floodfill an Excel scatter chart, but only below the
    trendline? I can easily flood fill the entire body of the chart, but I need
    to fill only below or above the trendline, or a selected area of the chart.
    Help! Thanks.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: How do I floodfill excel scatter charts only below the trendline?

    Hi,

    Here are some example of tricks to use for creating fill effects.

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...ndex.html#Fill
    http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgr...ial/index.html

    If the trendline is a built-in trend line then you will need create
    values by using formula.
    http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/E...Polynomial.htm
    http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/tips/t...efficients.htm

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I floodfill excel scatter charts only below the trendline?

    Use the trendline coefficients to generate points in the worksheet, and use
    this technique to produce a combination Area-XY chart:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...ertErrBar.html

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
    _______

    news:[email protected]...