[SOLVED] vlookup & combo box charts

  1. #1
    phil clifford
    Guest

    [SOLVED] vlookup & combo box charts

    Hi. My question may be difficult to explain, but here i go. I have a large
    set of data which I analyze each week. I have created a vlookup function to
    query weeknum & year which presents my data in a nice table format. I then
    created a combo box with a "list" of all the colum names of data and "tied
    in" the drop down line number into my vlookup function. I can now use my drop
    down list to toggle through my data nicely. Here is my problem.

    I have a chart which is driven off the data from the vlookup function. As i
    toggle through my data with my combo box the chart updates. I'd like to be
    able to have the charts do two things. 1-auto scale from something other than
    zero on my Y access as i get large gaps below my data lines. 2-I'd like to be
    able to have the chart names automatically update/change to whatever data i
    am looking at through my combo box.

    Phil

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: vlookup & combo box charts

    Hi,

    The chart titles can be linked to cells. depending on how you lookups
    are working you may want to use a named range rather than a fixed cell
    location.
    http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm

    If you haven't already have a look at Jon Peltier's interactive control
    charts.
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html

    Cheers
    Andy