Using different values for data labels

  1. #1
    Bruce Skyer
    Guest

    Using different values for data labels

    I am charting data, but would like to use different data as my labels. For
    example, I want to chart a value (say, $100), but I want the data label to be
    a different value (say, 20% because my $100 represents 20% of something not
    being charted). Is there a way to point the data labels to other values
    within my worksheet?

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Using different values for data labels

    Try one of these
    Rob Bovey's XY Chartlabeler (www.appspro.com) works on other chart types as
    well
    or John Walkenbach's Chart Tools (www.j-walk.com).
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Kelly O'Day
    Guest

    Re: Using different values for data labels

    Bruce:

    Apps Pro has a free Excel add-in XY Chart Labeler

    http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

    It will do exactly what you are asking for.

    ..Kelly

    [email protected]

  4. #4
    maperalia
    Guest

    Re: Using different values for data labels

    I have been using the ChartLabeler from appspro.com that by the way it is
    fantastic!!!!!!. in all my charts to add difference kind of labels
    However, I have noticed that every time I have new data to load in my chart
    the chartlabeler does not update automatically the new points loaded in the
    graph.
    I have more than 30 graphs in this file and I have to add the label again to
    each graph to get the new point with the label.

    Do you know if there is any way to automate this chartlabeler?
    I will appreciate you helping with this matter.

    Maperalia