labeling data points on a scatter chart

  1. #1
    Mr Tee
    Guest

    labeling data points on a scatter chart

    Hey guys.

    I need some help with my scatter diagram im using for a marketing
    assignment, about cars.

    So i have thee collums, the 1st is the car type e.g. "Mustang" and the 2nd
    is the torque e.g. "300" and lastly then the Price e.g. "20 000"

    What i want, is for each data point on the scatter chart to have the cars
    name next to it.

    Using the the e.g. data/figures above, i would have at the point (300, 20
    000) the word "mustang" next to it.

    Help: How do i do this?

    Thanx guys!!!

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: labeling data points on a scatter chart

    After plotting the X and Y values, you can use a third party labeling
    utility. Here are two free Excel add-ins that will do the trick:

    Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
    John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

    Both are easy to install and use, and work seamlessly within Excel's user
    interface.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
    _______

    news:[email protected]...