Box-and-whisker chart (box plots)

  1. #1
    James
    Guest

    Box-and-whisker chart (box plots)

    I created a box plot graph in excel (2000) yesterday and still have the chart.
    Today I have been trying to do it again using different data and can't work
    out how I did it. These forums tell me that there is no boxplot function in
    excel, but I successfully used it yesterday.
    Trying to remember the steps I took yesterday, I think I pressed a button
    that looked a bit like a sigma symbol.
    Please help...

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Box-and-whisker chart (box plots)

    Excel has no box plot feature, but it provides features which can be cobbled
    together into a box plot, and here is how:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerV.html
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerH.html

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    James
    Guest

    Re: Box-and-whisker chart (box plots)

    Thanks, but I've read this page and other similar pages on how to construct
    your own boxplots previously.
    In attempting to edit the boxplots I had constructed, it was shown that they
    were made using sigmaplot 9. I'm not sure I understand this as I have never
    downloaded anything from this company. I did have the MS Office 2000 Pro cd
    in the computer when I used it though.

  4. #4
    Spammer
    Worcester MA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

    Re: Box-and-whisker chart (box plots)

    I've consolidated the Box and Whisker Chart (Box Plot) articles into a single utility, located at Excel Box and Whisker Diagrams (Box Plots).
    Jon Peltier
    http://PeltierTech.com/