How do I create a slider bar in Excel to control data input?

  1. #1
    P-15
    Guest

    How do I create a slider bar in Excel to control data input?

    When the slider is clicked on and moved back and forth, different input data
    is selected for graphing a function. For example, for y = mx + b, moving the
    slider inputs different values for x (and/or b) which causes a graph of the
    function to change in real time. It is a great way to see how a variable
    affects the value of a function.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I create a slider bar in Excel to control data input?

    Are you asking how, or telling us how?

    If you're asking, this article shows how to use sliders to control dynamic
    charts:

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    ormond beach
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

    Re: How do I create a slider bar in Excel to control data input?

    I am new to the forum (just signed up about 3 1/2 minutes ago) and I had a question relating to this topic. I want to create a complex (for me anyways) spreadsheet where tab 1 will have a dollar value at the top and a set of variable below attached to a slider. Purpose is for a budget. I want to be able to amend it as needed so you can slide the slider on each variable for a different option. i.e. option 1 is $2 and option 2 is $6 etc. next to the item slider I would also need to put in a number slider of how many of that option we would need. All of the options (probably about 15 total) would then be totalled for the budget total at the top of the page. I would also like to include a picture to the side so moving each slider shows a picture of that item.

    Is there anything i can read/download that will help me do something like that? Is there a template for something along those lines?

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Forum Expert shg's Avatar
    The Great State of Texas
    MS-Off Ver
    2003, 2010
    Posts
    40,678

    Re: How do I create a slider bar in Excel to control data input?

    Please take a few minutes to read the forum rules, and then start your own thread.

    Thanks.
    Entia non sunt multiplicanda sine necessitate