Column chart - category axis - make to start with the second label

  1. #1
    Marko Pinteric
    Guest

    Column chart - category axis - make to start with the second label

    Dear experts!

    Is it possible to make column chart type - category axis to start with the
    second label instead of the first?

    Thanks for the answers,

    Marko.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Column chart - category axis - make to start with the second label

    Don't include the first label and Y value in the source data range.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Marko Pinteric
    Guest

    Re: Column chart - category axis - make to start with the secondlabel

    I want first Y value, but I want labels to start witn the second label

    e.g. I have:

    9:30 val1
    10:00 val2
    10:30 val3
    etc.

    Labels on x axis are 9:30, 10:30, 11:30 etc., but I want labels in
    x axis to be 10:00, 11:00, 12:00 etc.

    Best regards,

    Marko.

  4. #4
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Column chart - category axis - make to start with the secondlabel

    Hi,

    If the cell data is really a time value then set the Number format of
    the x axis to be [White][<0.4]hh:mm;hh:mm
    Assuming White is the chart area colour. Also set the font background to
    be Transparent.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --