Save As from chart sheet

  1. #1
    maryj
    Guest

    Save As from chart sheet

    I am using Excel 2K/Windows 2K. I have imported a CSV file and created charts
    on chart sheets. The file is in the CSV format and a chart sheet is active,
    when I click on the Save As option on the file menu, nothing happens - no
    dialog box or anything. If I save the file as an Excel file and from a chart
    sheet select Save As, I get a prompt to save over the existing file. If I use
    Excel 2003, I do get the Save As dialog box from a chart sheet regardless if
    the file is CSV or XLS. Is this new to 2003 or should I also be getting the
    Save As dialog box in Excel 2000?
    --
    maryj

  2. #2
    Because of the security update (MS0-6012), workbooks cannot be saved if a chart sheet is active in Excel 2000. We emailed Microsoft tech support about this bug, and here was their answer:

    This problem does not exist in later versions of Excel.
    This problem will not be fixed as Excel 2000 is beyond the scope of non-security updates, coupled with the fact that this is non-essential functionality (saving with a chart sheet in front) and is easily worked around.

    As is indicated on the site: www.microsoft.com/lifecycle
    "Microsoft will continue to offer mainstream support for Office 2000 through June 30, 2004. The Office 2000 extended support period will last from July 1, 2004 through July 14, 2009. The latest Office 2000 service pack is required for hotfix support."
    "Other non-security hotfixes are indicated as: Available only with purchase of Extended Hotfix Support Agreement"

  3. #3
    maryj
    Guest

    Re: Save As from chart sheet

    Thank you! We were wondering if the latest security patch may have been the
    culprit.
    --
    maryj