Make dynamic charts more dynamic

  1. #1
    Milo
    Guest

    Make dynamic charts more dynamic

    Hello all,

    I have a dynamic chart where I show the last 13 values in a spreadsheet
    column. I also
    implemented a slider bar so that I can go back and have a look at the
    previous values if I want.
    However, if I now daily update the column of data through an automated
    process and the chart
    shifts along dynamically, how do I also update the format controls of the
    slider bar using VBA automatically,
    that is, how do I adjust the maximum value of the format control as soon as
    a new value is added to the spreadsheet?

    Hope someone can help, thanks you.
    Milos.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Make dynamic charts more dynamic

    Hi,

    Depending on which type of slider you have used this syntax, with
    appropriate modifications, should do it.

    ' Scrollbar from FORMS toolbar
    ActiveSheet.Shapes("Scroll Bar 1").ControlFormat.Max = 20

    ' Scrollbar from CONTROLS TOOLBOX toolbar
    ActiveSheet.Shapes("ScrollBar1").OLEFormat.Object.Object.Max = 20

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel