plot multiple time series

  1. #1
    Moohwan
    Guest

    plot multiple time series

    Hi. everyone
    I am stuck with plotting several time series on a common graph.
    I have two functions:
    y_t=0.5y_t-1+e_t
    y_t=1.5y_t-1+e_t
    there is a single shock (e_0 > 0) and ignore e_t.

    would ypu help me out?

    moohwan

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: plot multiple time series

    You need X and Y values to generate a plotted curve. In one column, enter
    your X values. For your formulas, these might be just consecutive integers.
    In the next column, enter formulas that calculate the Y values. Since you
    have two series to plot, you need two columns of Y data; in general you
    might have two sets of X data, but your formulas look like they'd both use
    the same X values.

    Select the range of data (one column X and two columns Y), and start the
    chart wizard. Choose the XY chart type, I suspect you want one of the
    variations that connect the points with lines.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services