Scale on X & Y Axis of the scatter chart

  1. #1

    Smile Scale on X & Y Axis of the scatter chart

    I have a problem on setting the scale of X & Y axis of the scatter chart. I found that the scale of the X & Y axis of the scatter chart are not consistent. For example, 10cm represents 100 units on the Y-axis , however, 10cm represents 500 units on the X-axis. How can I set the X & Y axis with the same scale. This is a very urgent case, as I need to submit the graph to my supervisor within a hour. Please help to solve it.

    Thank you

    Eugene

  2. #2
    David Biddulph
    Guest

    Re: Scale on X & Y Axis of the scatter chart

    "chanyke" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

    > I have a problem on setting the scale of X & Y axis of the scatter
    > chart. I found that the scale of the X & Y axis of the scatter chart
    > are not consistent. For example, 10cm represents 100 units on the
    > Y-axis , however, 10cm represents 500 units on the X-axis. How can I
    > set the X & Y axis with the same scale. This is a very urgent case, as
    > I need to submit the graph to my supervisor within a hour. Please help
    > to solve it.

    One way is to use the drawing toolbar, draw a square (shift-rectangle), then
    adjust the scales of your axes to get the divisions matching the square. I
    don't think there's an automatic way of doing it.
    --
    David Biddulph

  3. #3
    HEK
    Guest

    RE: Scale on X & Y Axis of the scatter chart

    Eugene:
    Excel sets its axis scales to the values it needs to display by deafult.
    You can manually adjust the scale by right-clicking the axis, selecting
    Format Axis/Scale and setting the appropriate values for minimum and maximum.
    GL,
    Henk

  4. #4

    Smile