Overlap 1 "sum bar" to others

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Terno
    Guest

    Overlap 1 "sum bar" to others

    Hi all.
    Title may sound strange but it exactly explain the situation:
    I have a table like this:

    M F TOT
    -------------------
    1990 5 10 15
    1993 8 2 10
    1996 9 9 18
    1999 1 5 6

    I NEED an histogram with 3 colums (male, female, total), where the
    "TOTAL" bar is OVERLAPPED UNDER the 2 "M" and "F" bars.

    Is there a way? Excel? Addins? Plug-ins? External software?

    Thanks!!

    P.S. I REALLY need help (as soon as possible)

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Overlap 1 "sum bar" to others

    I don't know what you mean by overlapped. The only thing I can think of is
    perhaps you want M and F side by side, in a clustered column chart, and the
    total charted but under both and not beside them.

    Make a clustered column chart with all of the three data series. Double
    click the M series, and on the Axis tab, select Secondary. Select the F
    series and press the F4 key to repeat. Go to Chart Options on the Chart
    menu, click on the Axes tab, and uncheck any secondary axis box which is
    checked.

    Now you can adjust the relative gap width of the column series to make the
    totals columns wider (if you want).

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Terno

    Jon Peltier ha scritto:

    > I don't know what you mean by overlapped. The only thing I can think of is
    > perhaps you want M and F side by side, in a clustered column chart, and the
    > total charted but under both and not beside them.
    >
    > Make a clustered column chart with all of the three data series. Double
    > click the M series, and on the Axis tab, select Secondary. Select the F
    > series and press the F4 key to repeat. Go to Chart Options on the Chart
    > menu, click on the Axes tab, and uncheck any secondary axis box which is
    > checked.

    YES!! YES!!!

    That's the way!!

    You understood perfectly!!