Formatting a Column Chart

  1. #1

    Formatting a Column Chart

    I have a column chart that graphs volume data that is provide by one
    row(A1...) in my spreadsheet, and a matching second row(A2...) that can
    be one of two values that is not graphed. What I need to do is to
    change the color of the column for the row(A1...) data point based on
    the corresponding row(A2...) cell value. I have seen some examples
    provide, but none that address this type of situation.

    Any help would be great appreciated.

    TIA

    mohawk1df

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Formatting a Column Chart

    Hi,

    You are describing a conditional chart.
    You need to create 2 data series based on the result of a test on A2, so
    something like.

    A3: =IF(A2=Value1,A1,NA())
    A4: =IF(A2=Value2,A1,NA())

    The plot a clustered column chart on the 2 rows. Set overlap to 100,
    which will give the impression of single column with conditional colour.

    See these pages for further explanation.
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html
    http://www.edferrero.com/charting.aspx

    Cheers
    Andy