scatter chart

  1. #1
    zaka
    Guest

    scatter chart

    I am trying to plot multiple color, multiple values, in scatter chart. Is
    this possible to do.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: scatter chart

    Hi,

    One way would be to plot your x and y values in different series. Then
    each series could be formatted to the required colour.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    zaka
    Guest

    Re: scatter chart

    Hi,

    I tried to format but its not happening in a way which i want.

    The data is like this

    A1 20 30
    B1 10 20
    C1 15 25
    A2 11 12
    B2 12 13
    C2 12 15

    Due to overlapping of some of the values i was not able to differentiate.

  4. #4
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: scatter chart

    I don't see any overlapping in the data you have posted.

    Which bits of your data should be different colours?

  5. #5
    zaka
    Guest

    Re: scatter chart

    Hi,

    this is my real data

    5 Ability to customize coverage 1 0.471 -6
    23 Capability to communicate unit-to-unit when not in system
    coverage 1 0.530 12
    27 Coverage in rural/remote areas 1 0.455 1
    28 Coverage in urban canyons 1 0.460 -41
    48 In-building coverage 1 0.576 25
    70 No coverage dead spots within desired coverage area 1 0.465 20
    86 Size of coverage area (coverage footprint) 1 0.636 61
    19 Acceptable level of blocked communications due to traffic
    congestion 2 0.464 -13
    21 Battery life 2 0.579 68
    67 Minimal interference 2 0.595 37
    71 No lost connections or application failures 2 0.595 77
    24 Capacity at location of a disaster 3 0.506 -26
    56 Intrinsically safe/approved for use where flammable gases, vapors may
    exist 3 0.456 -50
    74 Operational during time of disaster 3 0.522 8
    76 Priority access to system 3 0.589 2
    84 Reserved capacity for times of crisis 3 0.377 -13
    33 Device quality 4 0.719 71

    the first number is example number, the text is attribut, third is color
    number, fourth is x correlation, fourth is y maximum difference

    Just try this out

    Thanks

  6. #6
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: scatter chart

    I replied to the other thread you created with your data include.

  7. #7
    zaka
    Guest

    Re: scatter chart

    Hi!

    Thanks for your help.

    Now I want the example number to be displayed in the graph. and at the same
    time if i select the dot in the graph the attribute is to be highlighted.

    Thanks,