Change 1 gridline

  1. #1

    Change 1 gridline

    This is probably a very easy question I just haven't spent a lot of
    time with Excel charts. How do you change the style of 1 gridline on a
    chart?

    The data on the Y axis is from -2 to 6 and we would like the line at 0
    to be darker than the other gridlines.

    Thanks,
    Anna

  2. #2
    HEK
    Guest

    RE: Change 1 gridline

    Anna, isn't this line just your category axis? Then just select the
    gridlines and change their colour, e.g. light grey / dotted, to discriminate
    from the cat axis
    Regards,
    Henk

  3. #3
    ju1eshart
    Guest

    RE: Change 1 gridline

    This edits all gridines, I've been trying to use a gridline as a
    cut-off/target but I only want to edit the colour of one specific gridline.

  4. #4
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Change 1 gridline

    try
    format axis>patterns>lines>custom>weight

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    ju1eshart
    Guest

    Re: Change 1 gridline

    even if i select one gridline and fomat axis the format is still applied to
    all gridlines. jules

  6. #6
    ju1eshart
    Guest

    Re: Change 1 gridline

    continued from below,it's a 3D chart, I have several gridlines log scale 0.1
    to 1.0E+08 and gridlines evey 10

  7. #7
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Change 1 gridline

    try selecting the AXIS by right click on a number at the bottom>format
    axis>>>>

  8. #8
    ju1eshart
    Guest