Excel TREND results

  1. #1

    Excel TREND results

    I've been using the TREND function in Excel to do curve fitting to some
    data. The problem I'm having is that I can not find the actual
    coefficients that make up the 6th. Order Polynomial that fitted the
    data. I'm looking for something like.....
    Ax^6 + Bx^5 + Cx^4 + Dx^3 +
    Ex^2 + Fx + G

    Where I can used the A, B, C, D, E, F and G coefficients in other
    formulas.

    Chris.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Excel TREND results

    Hi,

    Have a look at these pages on the subject of trendlines and formula.

    http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/E...Polynomial.htm
    http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ti...efficients.htm

    Cheers
    Andy