Secondary axis on 3d charts

  1. #1
    MH UK
    Guest

    Secondary axis on 3d charts

    How can I use secondary y axis on a 3d chart - when switching to 3d chart
    types, the option to select the axis is removed.
    I have seen an example - though don't beleive that it orignated from excel.
    Is there a work around?

    TiA

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Secondary axis on 3d charts

    Most chart workarounds involve using additional series not to display data
    but to recreate the desired effects. In addition to their shortcomings in
    terms of displaying data clearly and accurately, 3D charts do not
    accommodate combination charts (charts with added series). It's generally
    better to use a 2D type chart anyway, for improved transfer of information,
    and to add additional features.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP