How do I add a goal line to a stacked bar chart in excel?

  1. #1
    rheinzy
    Guest

    How do I add a goal line to a stacked bar chart in excel?

    I have a stacked bar chart of categories that total 100% sorted in 'ease of
    resolution' order. I want to include a "goal" line that would show a varying
    goal throughout the year. (85% - Jan, 86% Feb, etc.) The result would
    identify how close to goal could be achieved by resolving the issues in order.

  2. #2
    ShaneDevenshire
    Guest

    RE: How do I add a goal line to a stacked bar chart in excel?

    You say a goal bar but then it sounds like you want a collection of goal bars?

    For one goal bar - add another series to your chart with the value of the
    goal at all points: .85,.85,.85,.85 ....

    After plotting it select the new series on the chart and choose Chart, Chart
    Type and pick Line.
    --
    Thanks,
    Shane Devenshire

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I add a goal line to a stacked bar chart in excel?

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions