transparent level/limit in an Excel chart (3D)

  1. #1
    ju1eshart
    Guest

    transparent level/limit in an Excel chart (3D)

    Ecxel 2003 I'd like to set a transparent level as a limit in a 3d bar chart.
    It needs to be transparent so I can see values less than and allow values
    greater than to "breakthrough". Any ideas or do I need to by an upgrade or
    different software. I need this to look professional.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: transparent level/limit in an Excel chart (3D)

    Excel 3D charts are not very flexible. But that's okay, because 3D charts
    are often misleading and can distort the data. Excel 2D charts don't suffer
    from this distortion, and they can accommodate lines that show limits such
    as yours.

    If you need 3D charts, you should shop elsewhere.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions