Pivot Chart - Remove Variables

  1. #1
    Marlyn
    Guest

    Pivot Chart - Remove Variables

    Hi,

    Is it possible to use a Pivot Chart with a Pivot Table as the data source
    and select only part of the table to be charted. For instance i have 5
    variables in a pivot report of which i want to chart only 2 in a graph from
    that pivot table.

    I don't want to copy and paste special then chart as i am after an
    interactive chart that will adjust as my pivot report does.

    If i de-select the ones i don't want through the key drop down it changes my
    pivot report - which i dont want to happen.

    Any suggestions would be most helpful.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Chart - Remove Variables

    Create another pivot table, based on the first one.
    Base the pivot chart on the second pivot table, which you can store on a
    hidden sheet.
    Changing the pivot chart won't affect the first pivot table.

    Marlyn wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to use a Pivot Chart with a Pivot Table as the data source
    > and select only part of the table to be charted. For instance i have 5
    > variables in a pivot report of which i want to chart only 2 in a graph from
    > that pivot table.
    >
    > I don't want to copy and paste special then chart as i am after an
    > interactive chart that will adjust as my pivot report does.
    >
    > If i de-select the ones i don't want through the key drop down it changes my
    > pivot report - which i dont want to happen.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be most helpful.

    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures
    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

  3. #3
    Marlyn
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Chart - Remove Variables

    Debra,

    Thankyou for your help - i will give it a go.